Happy Monday! I’m in an extremely great mood and have been ever since I finished reading P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han. I even reread To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before this weekend. I hope you all had a great weekend and Father’s Day if you celebrate that!
Like this post title suggests, my #(f)mcm to day is Peter Kavinsky! He’s been my choice before but after reading the sequel, my love for him has been renewed. Plus, there’s new things to fangirl about in P.S. I Still Love You. To make it different from my first post of Peter, I decided to do the Top Moments Peter Kavinsky won my Heart! — in both books! This post can be spoilery, so if you haven’t read the book, maybe you shouldn’t read. Decision’s up to you.
Top Moments Kavinsky won my Heart in To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
1) He tells Lara Jean he’ll save some firsts for the real thing
“Okay. Let’s just save some stuff, then […] We”ll save some stuff for you to do when it’s the real thing and not for show.” -Peter Kavinsky, p. 117
2) He ditches his 2-seater (sexy) Audi for his mom’s minivan to drive Kitty to school.
3) Instead of going to the party, he helps Lara Jean bake cupcakes for Kitty’s PTA
“You have flour all over your face,” he says, dusting off my cheeks with the backs of his hands. […] Peter hops off the stool and comes up to me and slides his hands around my waist and tries to untie my apron strings. -p. 173-143
4) How jealous he was about Lara Jean and Josh matching Harry Potter costume & then chases Lara Jean around the hall.
Peter: “Uh…don’t you think it’s weird for my supposed girlfriend to wear a couples costume with another guy?”
Lara Jean: “First of all, it wasn’t planned. Second of all, nobody cares what my costume is! Who would even notice something like that?”
Peter: “People notice. I noticed.”
Peter reaches out and tickles me, and I laugh so hard I almost drop my want. I dart away rom him but he pounces after me, pretend shooting webs at my feet. -p.229-231
5) How he is with Kitty — like when he danced with her. And what Kitty says about Peter & Lara Jean
Peter: “I’ll still see the kid around. I want joint custody.”
All I can think of is how patient he was with her, how sweet. -p. 235
“He definitely likes her,” Kitty agrees, her mouth full. “He … he looks at you a lot, Lara Jean. When you’re not paying attention. He looks at you, to see if you’re having a good time.” -p. 251
6) When he pushed his friends to eat the rice ball Lara Jean was trying to feed him (just read it)
Darrell hoots with laughter. “I’m jealous of you, Kavinsky. I wish I had a girl to feed me my lunch. Lara Jean, if he doesn’t take it, I will.” He leans forward and opens his mouth for me.
Peter shoves him to the side and says, “Step off, it’s mine!” -p. 240
7). All his notes to Lara Jean, especially:
1. Can you take the bus home today? I want to surprise Kitty and pick her up from school so she can show me and my car off to her friends. -p. 353
2. If you make Josh’s dumb white-chocolate cranberry cookies and not my fruitcake ones, it’s over. -p. 353
3. You look pretty today. I like you in blue. -p. 353
Top Moments Kavinsky won my Heart in P.S. I Still Love You
1) When he visits Lara Jean at night to cuddle
“Can we lie down, then?” he suggests.
I shove him in the shoulder. “Peter!”
“I just want to hold you for a little bit! If I was going to try to do more, I’d need more than seven minutes, trust me.” -p. 84
2) When he calls to say goodnight, even though he told her that he hated doing that when he was with Genevieve. -p. 109
3) When he got Kitty carnations and gave her a ride to school … sans Lara Jean
“You’re my only girl today, kid […] Don’t be jealous, Covey.” -Peter Kavinsky, p. 116
4) He gets her the freaking expensive antique necklace she wanted from his mom’s store for Valentine’s Day -p. 144
4) How immensely happy he was when Lara Jean brings him cookies and wears his jersey number on her cheek .
He grabs me and throws me in the air, his smile is so big. -p.197
5) How much he wants to protect Lara Jean’s reputation from that video.
“Don’t cry, Lara Jean. Please don’t cry. I promise you I’m going to fix this. […] Just trust me, okay? I promise I’ll take care of it.” -p. 53
“I’m gonna find whoever did this and kick their ass!” -p. 80
“I hate that I can’t protect you from this.” […] He feels like he has to make things right for me, and now he knows he can’t, and it’s killing him. -p. 149
I know he’s upset about not being able to protect me -p. 154
6) He tells Lara Jean that she’s his #1 *intense fangirling*
“I deserve better than than … I deserve to be someone’s number one girl.”
“No I’m not. She is. You’re still protecting her, her secret, whatever that is. From what, though? From me? What have I ever done to her?
“You took me away from her. You became my most important person.” (my note: just like kill me now). -p. 246
7) When he gives Lara Jean back her necklace and says:
“Wouldn’t look right on another girl […] When I get you back, I’m gonna put that necklace around you neck and pin you. Like the 1950s. Remember, Lara Jean?” -p. 327-328
8) I just love some of the things he says to Lara Jean
“It’s called playing hard to get! I’ve been waiting for you to call me, you dummy. It’s been six days” -p. 17
“Kiss me like you missed me.” -p. 21
“I respect you! I respect you more than any girl I know!” -p. 40
“Us. I did it for us. It’s you and me, kid.” -p. 59
“Sure. You’re the one driving this bus. You have been from the start. I’m still catching up.” -p.171
“All right, then we’ll wait. Whatever my girl wants.” -p. 172
“The purpose is I’m bored and I feel like kissing you. Is that a crime?” -p. 134
“Can we hug now? Can we never fight again?” -p. 216
“You have me, please just freaking tame me out already! I’m begging you. Come to my house right now, and I’ll let you sneak up to my room. I’ll be a sitting duck for you if it means I can see you again.” -p. 237
“Tell me what your wish is. Wish for anything, and I’ll give it to you, Lara Jean. All you have to do is ask.” -p. 328
“I think maybe I was scared. Of disappointing you. I know sec is a big deal to you. I didn’t want to mess it up. You’re so innocent, Lara Jean. And I have all this s–t in my past.” -p. 335
9) Finally. FINALLY. He says it. He freaking says it.
“You’re not my first,” Peter says. “But you’re the most special to me, because you’re the girl I love, Lara Jean […] I’ve been going crazy without you. Can’t we just –”
“You’re saying I drive you crazy too?
“I’m saying you drive me more crazy than any girl I’ve ever met.”
“In the contract, we said we wouldn’t break each other’s hearts. What if we do it again?”
“What if we do? If we;re so guarded, it’s not gong to be anything. Let’s do it f–ing for real, Lara Jean. Let’s go all in. No more contract. No more safety net. You can break my heart. Do whatever you want with it.-p. 336
Bonus: How he knew what Lara Jean wanted to eat in the movie theatre, how jealous he is of John Ambrose McLaren, how he still hung out with Kitty after they broke up, and how he knew which cake Lara Jean baked for the Spring Fair Cake Walk. Peter Kavinsky, you stole my heart.
Do you love Peter Kavinsky, too? What were you favorite Peter moments in the duology? Do we share any favorite moments? I know, I know. I have a lot. It was hard to narrow it down! Is he your #(f)mcm? Let me know below!