Happy Thursday! In the past week, I was nominated for 2 awards by a couple of people. I’ll be starting with The Creative Blogger Award! Thank you to Sam @ Bellsiebooks and Jay @ The Wolf of Starbucks for their nomination!
How it works:
- Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify all nominees via their social media/blogs.
- Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you (very important).
- Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers.
- Pass these rules on to them.
Five Facts About Me:
1. I’ve done so many (okay, not so many but enough) of these that I feel like I’m running out of facts about myself.
2. I’m currently listening to Hillsong Young & Free’s album This Is Living. It’s on repeat and I’m in love.
3. I love Cracker Barrel (this southern restaurant that serves the best breakfast all day — not sure if it’s everywhere else).
4. I re-organize my bookshelves every couple of months.
5. Watermelon and Mango are my favorite fruits.
For the Liebster Award, I’d like to thank Melanie @ Reviews of a Self Proclaimed Bibliophile and H. Taylor @ Inkorkeys for this nomination! Please follow these wonderful people who nominated me for both awards! They’re all fabulous!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
- Come up with 11 questions for your nominees!
6. (I’m continuing from the facts from Creative Blogger Award because I’m not lying, I can’t think of more facts about me that you don’t already know.) I was 5 years old when my family moved to USA from Philippines. *Filipinos represent!*
7. When I was in the 10th grade, I seriously contemplated dropping out of school and running away.
8. Other than bookstores, I love going to arts & crafts stores like Michaels and Jo-Ann Fabrics. I love to scrapbook and make personalized cards!
9. I graduated college as Magna Cum Laude with a 3.87 GPA. Yup, I was 0.03 points away from Summa Cum Laude. This will forever hurt me.
10. I hate red roses. I feel like they’re so cliché — any other color is fine, especially yellow or pink roses. My favorites flowers are tulips, carnations, and gerberas!
11. I love playing Animal Crossing, Tomodachi Life, and Harvest Moon on my Nintendo 2DS (I wish I had a 3DS because larger screen!)
Questions from Melanie:
1. If you could live in any single fictional universe, which would it be and why?
I’d really like to live in Narnia! It’s just so beautiful there! (Hello New Zealand!) Plus, I’d love to meet Aslan!
2. Tell us your favorite and least favorite book to movie adaptations.
Least favorite is easy: Twilight (just, no!) I’ve got a couple of favorites. I really loved Catching Fire, If I Stay, and The Book Thief.
3. Tell us the story of a favorite book that didn’t start out as a favorite.
Harry Potter lol it’s my favorite now but when I started The Sorcerer’s Stone the first time, I couldn’t get through it until I watched the movie. Now I love it!
4. If you were part of the world of Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451 and assigned one book to memorize, which book would you hope was chosen for you?
Oh man, tough questions, tough questions. I never read Fahrenheit 451 but I should. A book to memorize? I have this book. It’s called Bright Star by John Keats. It’s a compilation of poems and letters that her wrote to his loved one. It’s beautiful.
5. Favorite sports team?
San Antonio Spurs!!! And if you know about basketball, you know the whole Spurs vs Heat rivalry. So you can imagine all the crap I get about being a Spurs fan and living in Miami.
6. Name a song that makes you smile anytime you hear it.
Crap. So many songs. I’ll settle with “I Will Wait For You” by Us (Michael Alvaro and Carissa Rae-Alvaro)
7. Do you play any instruments and if not, what is an instrument you have always wanted to learn? Even if you play an instrument, what is another one you have wanted to learn?
I don’t play anymore. I was learning guitar and piano but then I stopped. I wish I didn’t. I still want to learn. I also want to learn how to play the violin — it’s so beautiful. Oh! And drums! I’d love to play the drums.
8. If you could visit or live in a historical time period, which would you choose and why?
I’d like to visit — not live in — the Revolution era in the US and be part of the Boston Tea Party and dump some tea overboard. I don’t know why.
9. Based upon your experiences with education, what is the most important change you wish to see?
There needs to be more teachers who really care about their students’ success. Teachers who go above and beyond and out of their way to help students. That and teacher’s getting paid more.
10. What is your most recently watched item on Netflix?
Supernatural. I still need to catch up. I’m not even close to finishing season 6
Questions from H. Taylor:
1. What is your first memory of reading a book/having a book read to you?
I think Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
2. Which book have you re-read more than 3 times? If any?
All the books in The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare
3. Have you always liked to read?
Not always. I remember hating in elementary school where they forced us to read and keep a reading log. I would always make up books and pages I read that day.
4. What are you currently reading?
I am reading In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken and an ARC copy of The Truth About Jack by Jody Gehrman
5. How long is your “to-read” pile?
Over 200 something books. Not as long as other people’s pile
6. How do you prefer to buy your books? In store or online?
Online is usually cheaper so I go for that. But if the store was cheaper, I definitely prefer that. I love going into bookstores and picking my copy.
7. A book that you hate with a passion? And why?
I don’t think I’ve come across a book that I hate with a passion but a couple that I’m just not in love with such as, Matched by Allie Condie (great concept but storyline was a little weak), The Iron King by Julie Kagawa (I didn’t like the concept of fae — but that might be different now), and Fallen by Lauren Kate (not the best nephilim book I’ve read). I have problems with them but yeah, not hate. Oh! New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
8. Favourite classic?
Nope. Too hard. Too many. So I’m just going to list a couple. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams, Hamlet by William Shakespeare, A Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood, The Crucible and All My Sons by Arthur Miller, and The Giver by Lois Lowry
9. Do you prefer your books to have a happy ending?
I usually do. Actually, I almost always do but I appreciate the realistic ending, happy or not, open-ended or not.
10. What is a book or series you cherish above all others?
Above all others … there’s two: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare and Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J Maas.
11. Have you ever bought a book you didn’t want anyone to know about or see you reading?
No I don’t think so
Nominations for Creative Blogger & Liebster:
I’ve nominated the ones below for the Liebster award, so I’ll nominate them for the Creative Blogger award. It’s hard to find bloggers who haven’t been nominated already so if you’re reading this and you haven’t been nominated, then I nominate you! I’ve also done a Liebster Award post before so if you need to answer questions, I provided some good ones there! Sorry about the laziness!
Awake and Reading
Once Upon A Bookshelf
Becca and Books