Hey guys! So new year, new me (seriously though, how many times have you heard that). I wouldn’t say new me actually, I’m hoping for the same me but just better haha. Anyway, every new year people set resolutions. I’m one of those people who set them and never really pay attention to it after January. That is until I slayed some of my resolutions that I made for 2016. That’s right! I actually achieved some of them and it made me so happy and excited that I wanted to set more resolutions this year. What I liked about the resolutions was that it made 2016 better and let me tell you, 2016 was a very tough year for me. If you’d like to read my post at the beginning of 2016, you can read it here.
✔ Read 30 books (I read 48 books!)
✔ Run at least 100 miles by the end of the year (I ran 92 miles but I’m rounding up because that was hella hard and I’m super proud of those 92 miles)
✔ Be more positive and thankful (My friends have noticed the positivity, I focused less on negative thoughts, and even when I was stressed from my two jobs, I prayed and thanked God for giving me two jobs to help my family and feed my book buying obsession)
✖ Complete She Reads Truth “The Bible in A Year” plan (Yeah, I didn’t even get past a month — eeek)
✔ Be more vocal about my faith (Yes!! I even talked about my faith and about God to my coworkers at FIU, which got him really interested in learning about God)
✖ Go to church more (While I did go to church more than in 2015 — I think — I still felt like it wasn’t enough)
So yeah, I thought 2016 was pretty successful in terms of resolutions. But yes, 2016 was mentally hard for me. I had a couple of breakdowns, especially when it was about my career future and the fact that I still have absolutely no idea where I’m headed with that. I had a lot of hardships with some of my friendships and it just became worse towards the end of 2016 when hospital work doubled during the holidays. However, I am positive that 2017 will be better for me! Now I may be going overboard with my resolutions this year but as long as complete some of them, I know I’ll be happy. (I’m super happy right now and I don’t know what to do with all this positive energy haha)
1) Read 12 books for my Goodreads Challenge (I wanted to give myself the time and space to focus on other things in my life this year)
2) Run 200 miles
3) Catch up on Supernatural and actually be caught up to the current season (You think this would be easy but I started SPN 2-3 years ago and I’m still on season 5 — I keep rewatching from the beginning lol. But I seriously love the show, I mean look at all hese gifs. I know … it’s mostly Dean Winchester. Can you guess who my fave character is?)
4) Make a career move. Any career move, whether it’s going back to school to get my Master’s, get a different job, you get the gist
5) Continue being positive and selfless. Focus on bettering myself and my mind. I found out that my sister is pregnant with a girl and I want to be an aunt that my niece would be proud of and would look up to!
6) Be a better friend and make more of an effort to hang out with my friends. I was a pretty crappy friend last year I think.
7) Read my bible more. I think reading the bible in a year was setting myself up for failure last year haha
8) Lose 15 pounds because those 15 pounds crept up on me in 2016. Whoops. 15 pounds isn’t bad, it’s basically a little over 1 pound a month haha.
9) Start being an adult with my money by actually budgeting and spending it wisely
So there it is! These are the things that I strive to do this coming year and I cannot wait! Now that I’ve finally compiled my list and posted it, then it means my new year’s resolutions are officially starting. Are you making (or did you make) any resolutions this year? I know that you’ve at least set an amount of books that you’d like to read. Right?! Let me know how your resolutions went last year and if you’ve got any for this year! I hope you enjoyed this post and my abundant amount of SPN/Dean gifs.