Hey guys! I am back with this week’s TTT! I am busy busy busy trying to get in all the reviews from my decathlon so get ready to see a bunch of posts from me! Anyway, Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by the lovely bookworms over at The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday, they come up with different topics of discussion. This week I will be listing the books I wish were TV shows. Fall is here-ish and so are season premieres of TV shows! I know that it’s always hard to see your favorite books come alive in screen because so many things can go wrong. But a girl can dream that if done properly, she can see her favorite stories and characters come to life.
Ten Books I Wish Were TV Shows
1. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – A real life Rhysand?!?! Sign me up. But seriously, ACTOAR is one of my favorite fantasy worlds out there. I love the different courts and all the fae. I would definitely like to see what Hollywood would do with all the worlds … especially Velaris! Imagine Starfall, oh my! Just imagine it all and all the details that a show can put in!
2. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – Even though Queen of Shadows infuriated me, I’d really like to see this as a show as well. SJM knows her stuff! Plus Prince Dorian ❤ and Aedion! Ohhh and Abraxos and Manon! yes Yes yES YES!
3. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare – I love this trilogy so much and I love the time period. I enjoyed it more than The Mortal Instruments and I thought it was very well-written. Ugh that epilogue will haunt me for the rest of my life.
4. The Winner’s Cuse by Marie Rutkoski – I can totally see this on TV! We need more shows with girls like Krestel!
5. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers – A TV show about women who carry out the will of the god of Death himself?!
6. Angelfall by Susan Ee – I’ve seen a couple of angel apolcalypse films but never a show. If there is one out there, let me know. I love angel apocalypse type of books. Oooh imagine seeing Raffe in his glorious wings. YESSS PLEASE
7. The Wrath & the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh – We have Once Upon a Time which I think is a show of fairy tales right? (Can you tell I don’t watch it haha) But what about the Arabian Nights?! That’s cool (No offense to fairy tale retellings because I love them too)!
8. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir – TEN. BLEEDING. HELLS. Elias on screen and his super compassionate, muscular, blue-eyed self. Ember is a very dark book and I would love to see that reflected on screen. With everything that happened in that book … imagine having to wait a week to see what happened next!
9. Delirium by Lauren Oliver – This was actually optioned for a show and it never made it. They released the script and it was a hot mess! Literally everything in book one happened in like one or two episodes! There were so many things cut from the show … no wonder it didn’t make it. Nonetheless, I’m really curious about seeing it as a show.
10. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo – I’m still mad about book 3 (hence why I haven’t read another Bardugo book) but I did love the magic in the book and think it would be such an amazing show. And then of course there’s Nikolai ❤
What books would you want to see as a TV show??