Characters are essential components of books and depending how the authors portray them dictates our ability to empathize or even like them. Top 5 Wednesday is meme found in Goodreads (Check them out here and join!) and operates like TTT. This week’s topic is Most Unlikeable Characters. Specifically, we are to pick characters that aren’t villains but characters that we just don’t get along with. I dislike so many characters and a lot of them are unpopular opinion so be prepared haha
Most Unlikeable Characters (Unpopular Opinion)
- Rowan from Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas: He was a total bully and jerk in the 3rd book and by the end, he did get better. Don’t even get me started on Rowan in Queen of Shadows! He was a total brute and too possessive (doesn’t matter if he’s fae … look at Rhysand!)
- Tamlin from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas: Okay, I’m going to be honest. I gushed about Tamlin when I first read ACOTAR and so I brushed aside his possessiveness and controlling ways just as Feyre did. That all changed in A Court of Mist and Fury so I redact my previous declaration of love for Tamlin.
- Warner from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi: Just no. He was introduced as the villain in the first book but he wasn’t really a villain or whatever. Needless to say, I stopped reading the trilogy when Mafi turned it around.
- Chaol Westfall from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas: I didn’t hate him in ToG but I couldn’t stand him in Crown of Midnight! He’s such a great best friend *sarcasm* but I got to admit, he’s kind of redeemed himself in Queen of Shadows.
- Jason and Leo from Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan: Jason was so annoying, always trying to one-up Percy Jackson. Just stop. You’re nothing like Percy. Leo was equally annoying with his statements of grandeur. You just found out you’re a demigod (and have yet to save the world) but swear that you’re the best thing out there. Sorry not sorry.
What characters do you dislike?