We’ve all read those books that you felt still needed more to it … or sometimes you just want to stay in their world a little bit longer. I know I have a list of those kinds of books and I’m here to share some with you today! Top 5 Wednesday is meme found in Goodreads (Check them out here and join!) and operates like TTT. This week’s topic is Books You Wish Had Sequels. This was particularly hard for me because 99% of my books are duologies, trilogies, or series. So I have standalone books below and a couple of trilogies that I wish had an extra book because I needed more of my questions answered or because I just wanted to see what was next for the character’s lives.
- The Host by Stephenie Meyer: I just felt like she could have done so much more with the book if it had a sequel … even a duology would’ve sufficed.
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon: I wanted to see more of Olly honestly but also to see the aftermath of the whole plot twist (hehe no spoilers)
- How to Love by Katie Cotugno: We weren’t left with a cliffhanger but I wanted to know what was going to happen between Sawyer, Reena, and Hannah
- Requiem by Lauren Oliver: Okay … I know I’m not alone in this when I say we needed something more! This book ended the trilogy but it was too open-ended. I don’t want possibilities, I want concrete!
- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare: I also know that I’m not the only one who was devastated by the ending of this one .. especially that epilogue. I needed more Will Herondale in my life — I mean we will because of the new trilogy she’s coming up with but still.
What are some books that you felt needed a sequel? Sound off in the comments!