Howdy Bookies! (Did I just really say ‘Howdy’? It’s getting out of control!) Anyway! Happy Tuesday. I am back at it this week with TTT! Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by the wonderful bloggers over at The Broke and The Bookish! Make sure you head over there, check out their blog, give them a follow, and even sign up to do TTT on your blog! This week’s topic is a Top Ten Favorite 2016 Releases So Far This Year! I don’t know if you can’t tell but reading has been really slow for me this year — I just haven’t had the time. When I do have time to read, I’m trying to catch up on the ARCs that I received last year, author requests, and books that were in my TBR a long time ago. Unfortunately, that means that I haven’t put in much time reading books released in 2016. So today’s TTT will be a mix of 2016 books that I have read and books that I look forward to reading!
Top Ten Favorite 2016 Releases So Far This Year
Books Released in 2016 that I’ve Read and Loved
1) A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas — OH. MY. GOODNESS. This book was just pure gold and no doubt is my favorite read of 2016 and the year isn’t even over yet. It was just that good. So good that I’m actually contemplating making Rhysand my #1 fictional boyfriend over Will Herondale (who has been #1 since 2011). Yeah, intense. You have to read it!
2) The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski — I loved this book and how the trilogy ended. It broke my heart that it was the end. I’ll miss Krestel and Arin but I like how it ended.
3) The Way I Used to Be by Amber Smith — This was tough to read because it involved rape but was it worth it. This was such an emotional read!
Other than The Crown by Kiera Cass (which I didn’t feel belong in my favorite 2016 reads), these were the books released in 2016 that I’ve read. Whoops. Moving on.
Books Released or Will be Released in 2016 that I’m Looking Forward to Reading
4) Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas — I’m really excited for this but at the same time really nervous and scared. I wasn’t in love with Queen of Shadows and unless EoS does a complete 180, I think I’ll find myself disliking it as much.
5) The Rose and The Dagger by Renee Ahdieh — Ohhh! I’m so so excited. I should be reading this in a couple of days. I just finished the first book in the (unfortunately) duology lol.
6) Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling — You can’t really get enough of Harry Potter
7) Heartless by Marissa Meyer — I’m excited but I’m also not sure because I love her retellings, especially her first series but then I also don’t know how I feel about the Queen of Hearts.
8) The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout — I’m gonna be honest. I want to read this because of that cover. I mean I also like Armentrout’s writing but that cover is gorgeous!
9) P.S. I Like You by Kasie West — I’ve been wanting to read this ever since I binge read Kasie West books this past January ha!
10) Passenger by Alexandra Bracken — This one sounded really interesting and I look forward to reading it, especially since I got it from one of those book subscriptions. I’m just stalling because I didn’t like how she ended The Darkest Minds trilogy and still haven’t forgiven her for that ha.
Well there’s my 2016 book releases list! What made it to your list?? Let me know below and link it as well!