Hello bookworms! I’m back for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday! I hope all of you are having a great week and I know it’s been a while but I’m trying to continue blogging. It’s finally summer vacation for college and I have some more time :D. Anyway, Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by the wonderful bloggers over at The Broke and The Bookish! Make sure you head over there, check out their blog, give them a follow, and even sign up to do TTT on your blog! This week’s topic is Ten Books I Picked Up on a Whim ! Now we all might have a different definition of what it means to pick up a book on a whim. For me, books that I pick up on a whim means that they were not recommended to me nor did I read reviews about it. They are books that caught my attention, either because of their cover or the synopsis.
Ten Books I Picked Up on a Whim
(1) Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas! This was obviously a very good whim! I remember reading the synopsis and already knowing that I would like it. 5 books later and it’s one of my favorite series! If I hadn’t picked it up, I probably wouldn’t be reading and loving SJM’s other series, A Court of Thorns and Roses.
(2) Grave Mercy by Ronin LaFevers. Can you sense a theme going with female assassins? I picked this one up before I read Throne of Glass. It was actually the reason why I picked up ToG, I needed an assassin fix. I love that Grave Mercy is connected to real history of Brittany. It was such a great read and full of action!
(3) The Pledge by Kimberly Derting. I can’t remember exactly why I bought this but it doesn’t even matter. I loved it! It was a great trilogy and so different since it was language that separated the world instead of money. It was really interesting.
(4) Angelfall by Susan Ee. I also had a thing for fallen angels and Nephilim, so I picked this up. I didn’t know that it ran on the darker side of paranormal. It freaked me out honestly but I still loved it. I still haven’t read the third book but I just bought, so I’m halfway there.
(5) Unearthly by Cynthia Hand. Another angel book. This book gave me the first book hangover ever! It was the longest summer haha. It was also the first time I was on the wrong side of a love triangle. Totally painful.
(6) Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton. Seriously I was obsessed about angels and this was the first angel book I read after reading Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. I loved these books! It had action, plot, romance, the whole shebang!
(7) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I don’t know why I picked these up either but I’m glad that I did. I picked them up way before a film was announced and that was a long while ago.
(8) The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. This one’s easy. I picked this up because I love Greek mythology and saw a huge sign at Borders (old school) about it. It was right when the first movie was coming out and I knew I had to read it!
(9) Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Holy. C. R. A. P. I don’t know why I picked it up considering it was about aliens — not my thing. But boy was I glad I picked it up. I never would have met my Daemon Black! I just love this series so much! I read it all in one week and when I finished, I reread it haha
(10) Goddess Test by Aimee Carter! I found out it was Greek myth and I was a goner. I ate up this series. I love the new take on Hades and a different twist to Greek myth fiction! It was so fun to read and ugh, did I mention I love Hades? Because I did after reading this book (and also after reading ACOMAF since Rhys was like a parallel of Hades haha).
What books did you guys pick up on a whim? Did you end up liking them like I liked mine? Do we have any in common? Let me know below and don’t forget to link up!