Hello bookworms! I’m back for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday! I hope all of you are having a great week and starting off your year with a bang (and a great reading list!). Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by the wonderful bloggers over at The Broke and The Bookish! Make sure you head over there, check out their blog, give them a follow, and even sign up to do TTT on your blog! This week’s topic is either Ten Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don’t Get or Ten Characters I Love but Others Seem to Dislike! This is such an interesting topic and I’d really love to see characters that people liked/dislike. Fair warning, I have some very love characters on here, so sorry about that but at the same time not sorry because we’re all entitled to our opinions lol. Make sure to let me know what you think below!
Ten Characters Everyone Loves … But I Don’t
(1) Aaron Warner from the Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi. He’s the reason I stopped reading the trilogy, especially since I found out how the story progressed. I don’t care for his back story and I don’t care to read the second and third book.
(2) Chaol Westfall from Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. My dislike for him knows no bound … wait actually, I felt the opposite from everyone. Everyone loved Chaol at the beginning and grew to dislike him in Queen of Shadows and I was the complete opposite haha
(3) Rowan Whitethorn from Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. Hmm, this one was interesting. I liked him in Heir of Fire and enjoyed his brotherly relationship with Celaena in the book. I couldn’t stand the crap out of him in Queen of Shadows, “oh he’s so protective of Aelin” *gag*
(4) Ron Weasley from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. This is probably a very unpopular opinion but I thought he was so annoying, especially towards the end of the series. Wait, especially in the last book *rolls eyes*
(5) Wolfe from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. Also another unpopular opinion. I just don’t like him and wasn’t at all intrigued about his character. I didn’t like his point of view either.
(6) Simon Lewis from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. I actually had to google his last name lol whoops. But that’s probably more from it being a long time since I read the books than anything else. He also annoyed me in the books but less towards the end of the series. But then, Cassie incorporated him even more into the Shadowhunter world and I was totally done with him.
(7) Gale Hawthorne from The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. I don’t like him because he’s neither Peeta or Finnick haha but I just didn’t agree with his “by-any-means-necessary” point of view with war.
(8) Jason Grace from Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan. Don’t even get me started with this guy. I felt like he was shoved down my throat, especially coming from Percy Jackson series and Rick was making Jason seem like this kind of god. I literally rolled my eyes when it was his point of view.
(9) Leo Valdez from Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan. This whole character ensemble was just not my favorite. I only liked a couple of them (other than the ones from the original series). Leo was no exception. I didn’t like ego and thought he was also annoying ha. *Sorry Josie, I know he’s your favorite*
(10) Aspen Leger from The Selection series by Kiera Cass. This is actually 50-50 because I seen immense love for him or immense hate for him. Everyone’s split between him and Maxon haha. I didn’t like him the trilogy but he was okay in the 4th book. I still don’t love him but I tolerate him
Which version of the topic did you do? Which characters hit the right spot with you and which hit the sour note? Let me know below and don’t forget to link your Top Ten this week!