Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by the wonderful bloggers over at The Broke and The Bookish! Make sure you head over there, check out their blog, give them a follow, and even sign up to do TTT on your blog! This week’s topic is on ten finished series I have yet to finish! I love reading series! It’s like a really extended book. I especially love them with the fantasy genre because it adds to the depth of the world building. There’s so many series out there so I’ll be listing book series that I have started but haven’t finished — I think that was the point of this week’s topic anyway haha.
Ten Finished Series I Have Yet to Finish
1. Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld: Uglies was one of the first dystopians I read. It was after Delirium and Divergent so I wasn’t too blown away. It felt a lot like Delirium without Lauren Oliver’s poetic writing. I remember being bored during some scenes, so we’ll see.
2. Gone Series by Michael Grant: I’m not sure if I’ll ever finish this one. I read the first book and it was okay, I didn’t really get into it. I read it 5 years ago so if I ever pick it up again, I’ll have to start all over
3. Penryn and the End of Days by Susan Ee: I can’t believe I haven’t finished this one! I loved Angelfall and World After. I can’t wait to pick up End of Days and read more about Raffe *cough, cough* I mean Penryn.
4. Graceling Realm by Kristin Cashore: These are companion books and I really enjoyed the world that Cashore created but I fell in love with the characters in Graceling and knowing that they won’t be in the others have stopped me from reading the rest. I know it’s a terrible reason haha but I loved Katsa and Po!
5. Courier’s Daughter by CJ Redwine: It’s also called Defiance Trilogy and I’ve only read the first book and it was really interesting and different. I’ll have to reread this one, too when I decide to continue the series!
6. Fallen by Lauren Kate: This is another one where I’m not sure if I’ll finish. It wasn’t my favorite nephilim book and I’ll have to reread it if I want to continue
7. The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa: When I first read Iron Daughter I wasn’t into fae. Enter Sarah J. Maas and now I want to revisit this series and see if I’ll like it more than the first time.
8. Everneath by Brodi Ashton: I really enjoyed the first book. It was a new kind of concept with a little Greek mythology twist to it.
9. Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson: This series kind of took backstage to all the other books I’ve been reading. It was a great beginning but some of the characters I loved were killed off so I didn’t want to dive into the others right away lol
10. His Fair Assassin by Robin LaFevers: I LOVE this series! Okay, I’ve only read the first book but I loved it so much! They’re companion books and I loved Ismae and Duval, I don’t know if I can love the others! I’ve heard the series gets better though so that’s a relief.
Bonus: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead: I have the last book to read, The Ruby Circle, and I have it on my TBR this month! Hopefully, I’ll get to it!
What are some series that you still have to finish? Do we have any in common? Let me know below and don’t forget to leave a link to your Top Ten!