Top Ten Tuesday is a meme brought to us by the wonderful bloggers from The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic surrounds the authors that we’ll buy books from automatically, no matter the book cover, genre, title, and so on. I’ll have a fairly short list. While I love reading all these books, I think that becoming an auto-buy author for me is a special title.
Before, I thought I had certain authors as auto-buy but as life went on, I noticed that that no longer holds any truth. For example, I thought Cassandra Clare was an auto-buy for me because I was madly in love with The Infernal Devices and I enjoyed The Mortal Instruments — it all changed after reading City of Heavenly Fire. I did not enjoy that book at all and thus ended my auto-buy from Cassandra Clare. That doesn’t necessarily mean that I’ll stop buy her books, it just means I won’t be buying all her books. For instance, I will buy her books in The Last Hours series but not The Dark Artifices, Bane Chronicles, and those Shadowhunter Tales surrounding Simon. Anyway, I digress and go back to my list of auto buy authors!
Ten Five Auto-Buy Authors
1. Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass, A Court of Thorns and Roses) is pure gold. She is queen of literature haha. She’s made a deal with the gods and this is why her series are so good! I will forever buy her books and this has to do with her writing, her plots/concept, her world building and her beautifully amazing characters (especially my bae, Dorian)!
2. Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles) is so amazing! Her first series has blown me away. Her writing is so fantastic and her ability to intricately weave the stories of all the characters together is so astounding! The world building, as well, was on point!
3. Kiera Cass (The Selection) because she made such an addicting series haha. I, personally, also love how she is in her personal life and her beliefs so I will support her through buying her books. She’s an amazing person and I love her writing. I also love her for making Prince Maxon!
4. Jenny Han (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, Summer Trilogy, Burn for Burn) is too cute! I love her books! I actually do have all of them. I love her simple writing and I love how emotional her words have made me. Plus, PETER KAVINSKY!
5. Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, Magnus Chase) is a lot of fun! I love his books. I may be biased because I have always been obsessed with Greek mythology but I love his writing. I love how his books have this comedic part to it while having the emotional aspects, too.
Who are your auto-buy authors? Do we have any in common? Are you as picky as I am when it comes to auto-buy authors? Sound off below!