Top Ten Tuesday is a meme brought to us by the wonderful bloggers from The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Books I’d Love to see as Movies of TV Shows
1. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare: I would love to see a real life Will Herondale! Oh and yeah the story line is fantastic and full of drama and action. I’d love to see that on-screen! Preferably a TV show because it can add more detail that a 2-hour movie can’t.
2. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas: YES to Celaena’s story on-screen!! It would be a cool TV show to start off with Assassin’s Blade. I also need to see a real life Celaena and Dorian!
3. The Selection by Kiera Cass: Okay, okay, if you didn’t know, The Selection is in the works for a TV show! Hopefully it will make it. I think it would really be interesting to see on-screen. It’s a scripted Bachelor haha
4. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan: Yes, there are two movies out already. I want new movies or a TV show where it will be done correctly! I don’t know how or why the writers/directors totally screwed up the first two movies but we need a good adaptation!
5. The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout: I haven’t seen too many alien films — or shows– that I’ve really liked. But let’s be honest, I’m not actively trying to find one either. If this came out as a TV show, maybe with CW?, I’d be waiting anxiously every week!
6. Penryn and the End of Days trilogy by Susan Ee: You’re telling me you don’t want to see a shirtless and very muscular Raffe on screen? I also am intrigued at how Hollywood would create those monsters.
7. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer: I’m always down for Cinderella retellings on film! Plus, it’ll have an Asian main character!!
8. Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver: They tried and failed. It didn’t even hit the screen. I liked the idea of making it a TV show but I hated the execution. It was a terrible first episode! So I want a better one! I want Alex Sheathes!
9. Just One Day by Gayle Forman: I’d really like to see this one. It’s already a premise for a great Hollywood film. I think that it would be cool to mix together Just One Day and Just One Year, mixing up both their point of views. That, however, might be a long movie.
10. Graceling by Kristin Cashore: I LOVED this book. It was reminiscent of Game of Thrones but, you know, the PG, kiddie version haha. I’d love to see Katsa in action. I also wouldn’t mind if they extrapolated and added scenes of Katsa and Po after the end of the book.
What books would you like to see adapted into a movie or TV show? Let me know below! Also, don’t forget to add your link to your Top Ten Tuesday! I’d love to take a look 😀