Top Ten Tuesday is a meme brought to us by the wonderful bloggers from The Broke and the Bookish. This week is a freebie topic. The sky is the limit! I feel like I’ve used that phrase before. Anyway, coming up with a topic is so difficult so a round of applause goes to The Broke and the Bookish. I apologize in advance if I chose a boring topic. I initially wanted to do a list of my Top Ten Favorite Fictional Men but who am I kidding? I don’t know what order my favorite fictional men go after number 1, who always has and always will be Will Herondale. A couple of weeks back I did my Top Ten Books Which Feature Female Characters Who Kick Butt. So for its counterpart, this week I’m doing: Tope Ten Books Which Feature Male Characters Who Kick Butt (ta-dah).
Top Ten Books Which Feature Male Characters Who Kick Butt!
(Who loves The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings, Legolas, Kili, Aragorn, and just everyone there?!)
1. William Owen Herondale from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare: Well, he’s always my number one. Seriously, if only he was real! Will is a shadowhunter. Nothing more to say. Actually, there is. I have a lot to say but there’s not enough time in the day. He’s strong, fast, smart, and he can handle different kinds of weapons. He can win in battle and he can win your heart! Corny line but whatever.
2. Daemon Black from Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout: Alright, maybe him being an alien/Luxen helps him out but he is known for being the strongest and most powerful Luxen, so that’s gotta be something. We also read first hand about all the butts he kicks. Plus, he’s not bad to look at. His mouth needs a little cleaning but that’s what makes him hilarious.
3. Dorian Havilliard from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas: I’m a little biased here because I love, love, love Dorian! He’s not useless, though. He might not be as skilled as a fighter as Sam, Chaol, Rowan, or Aedion but he can still fight. He’s been trained and he’s good with a sword. *spoilers* With his magic/power kicking in, you can bet your butt that he’s going to be even more powerful in the coming books!
4. Nikolai Lantsov/Sturmhund from The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo: He’s got a long title to him. Too long to remember but he’s served time in the military and worked his way up the ranks. It’s not just his skill and strength, he’s got the brains! This man is a genius in war and so many other aspects. I’d follow him into battle.
5. Harry Potter/Ron Weasley/Dumbledore/Snape/Sirius from The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling: Obvious choice. There’s so many kick butt male characters in this series (same with the women). These men sure know how to use their wands — and their brains. Harry and Ron may not be like Hermione but they can kick butt their own way.
6. Eddie Castille from The Vampire Academy/Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead: I love Eddie! There’s a more obvious choice for this series (Dmitri) but I’m not too fond of him anymore. Eddie is such a fantastic fighter and guardian. You just gotta love how much he protects Jill and Sydney.
7. Four/Tobias Easton from Divergent by Veronica Roth: What’s great about Tobias is that it didn’t come naturally to him. He trained extensively and went from being Abnegation to a true Dauntless. He can jump trains, shoot a gun, and those muscles are to die for.
8. Percy Jackson from Percy Jackson & the Olympians by Rick Riordan: oh, my favorite demigod! (He’s much better than Jason) He’s got a natural talent for getting in trouble and a natural fighting talent. All he has to do is pick up Anaklusmos and he is set! I also love his fierce loyalty to his friends! Don’t even get me started on his powers as Poseidon’s son!
9. Legoas, Aragorn, Thorin, Bilbo, Kili, Fili, Gimli, etc from The Lord of the Rings/ The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien: So I haven’t read these books yet but I have seen the movies. Even if you haven’t seen the movies, did you see the gif above with Legolas?! I mean that guy defies gravity! He’s not the only one though. Those books are filled with strong men, both good and evil.
10. Raffe from Penryn & the End of Days Trilogy by Susan Ee: *screams* He’s an angel!!! He’s a warrior. He can fight, with or without his wings. He’s incredibly swoon worthy. I mean, even his own sword misses him.
Who are your choices for male characters that kick butt?! What topic did you choose to do this week? Shoot me a comment below!