Top Ten Tuesday is a meme brought to us by the wonderful bloggers from The Broke and the Bookish. I always say never say never. Actually, I’ve never said that before in my entire life. This week’s topic is Ten Books You’ll Probably Never Read. I don’t like saying I’ll never read a certain book because you never know down the road the circumstances you’re in might lead you to read the book. Or let’s say you take a class and it’s one of the reading materials. So instead of never, I see it more as the ten books I’ll least likely read!
Ten Books I’ll Probably Never Read
1. 50 Shades of Grey by E. L. James – I know I said never say never but this one is 100% never. These kinds of books, romance, BDSM, and so on. Not my thing. Will never be my thing.
2. Torment by Lauren Kate – I read the first book and I wasn’t too attached to it. It was kind of boring. I own this book so maybe one day I’ll give it a chance. But that cover, though!
3. Looking for Alaska by John Green – I know, I know. WHAT?! Yeah, I didn’t really love The Fault In Our Stars and I was only attached to it because the cancer plot really hit home. I don’t like the way John Green writes and I doubt he’ll change the way he does, so I probably won’t be reading any of his books.
4. Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa – I don’t know how popular this book is but I read the first and the fae thing didn’t really stick with me. It wasn’t all boring but I can put this off.
5. Switched by Amanda Hocking – I bought this book because the synopsis seemed interesting but then I found out it was about fae and so that made me not want to read it. Again, I might one day because SJ Maas wrote about fae and I loved it.
6. Pretties by Scott Westerfeld – I read Uglies a while back and I bought this book but never picked it up. Uglies felt like Delirium to me but not as interesting. Plus, I read it after Divergent so that might have affected it.
7. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard – I might be too old for this one. Well, maybe not because I love Percy Jackson. But I’m over the show because it won’t end! That feeling extends to the books.
8. The Vampire Diaries by L. J. Smith – I still love the show but I’ve heard that it’s so different from the books. So, I’ll be sticking to the show.
9. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare – I’m over her, which is really harsh because I loved The Infernal Devices and Will Herondale is my soul mate, but I hated City of Heavenly Fire so much because I felt like she forced the characters from this book down our throats and weren’t necessary to the plot. That worked out negatively for me. I’ll only be reading books from her that have Will & Tessa in it, which is in the works. By the way, that’s not the official cover, I don’t think one is released yet. I found that on tumblr. Looks awesome though. Credit to the creator.
10. Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare – Piggybacking from the previous choice, I’m on hiatus for shadowhunters. Along with that, I never cared for Simon and then he was allowed to ascend as a shadowhunter. Then we have short stories of his training? No thank you. Passity pass pass.
I know that I have some unpopular opinions up there but please don’t hate me haha. Which books are you never going to read and why? Do we have any in common? Comment below 😀