Top Ten Tuesday is a meme brought to us by the wonderful bloggers from The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Books Which Feature Characters Who [blank]. The sky is the limit! I wasn’t sure if I was going to do it this week because I couldn’t think of anything. Then, out of nowhere the sky opened up (just kidding) and I knew that I wanted to feature my favorite female characters that kick butt. They’re no damsel in distress and they don’t need a man to be their knight and shining armor! Let’s get to it!
Top Ten Books Which Feature Female Characters Who Kick Butt!
(Who loves Iron Man?!)
1. Celaena Sardothien from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas: The rest of my choices are not in any order but Celaena is my favorite and she’ll always be number one for me! She’s Adarlan’s most feared assassin! Need I say more? She’s actually hired to kick people’s butt. Okay, she does more than kicking butt.
2. Katsa from Graceling by Kristin Cashore: Okay so her “Grace” helps her out but she still kicks butt! Her survival skills are on point — same with swords and knives and pretty much any weapon you give her.
3. Arya Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin: She was a favorite character right from the beginning. Always wanting to learn how to fight instead of sitting and knitting like her older sister. She grows to be such a force to be reckoned with.
6. Katy Swartz from Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout: She’s not kick butt at first. Although, I have to give her credit for being strong around Daemon! Her strength and power throughout the series only grows!
7. Ismae Rienne from Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers: She is an actual patron saint of death. Direct translation: kick butt! What else is there to say? Not only is she a fighter, she’s a smart girl, too!
9. Ellie Monroe from Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton: She’s not really known. I wish that books were more known in the YA community. She’s the only one who can wield angelfire — the weapon that can kill demons and all. How cool is that?
10. Penryn Young from Penryn & the End of Days Trilogy by Susan Ee: beyond selfless, going through great lengths to save and get her sister back, and fights for the freedom of a certain lovable angel!