Hello beautiful followers! I hope you’re all having an amazing day! I’m in an awesome mood. Today is pay-day. We all know where most of that paycheck is going – hint, hint: books! Anyway, thank you Casey from Inspired by the Page for nominating/tagging me! Check out her blog!
The Ultimate Book Tag
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Not exactly sick but I get a really bad headache. So bad that I have to stop reading
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I love Lauren Oliver’s writing. It’s so poetic. Even so when she’s writing about destruction and revolution. I also love Sarah J Maas – mildly poetic for me but very impactful
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Has Twilight actually won this? I mean, come on. It’s Harry Potter.
So yes, the victor is Harry Potter for me. Why? Sirius Black (haha). Amazing world building — it’s literally magical. Character depth and plot development. Okay more than 3 but yeah.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
I do carry one for work haha. I also usually have a book with me. Sometimes two if I’m continuing a series/trilogy. Sometimes three if I’m indecisive of what to read next. I also have my pens, pencils, and highlighters. My Macbook named Danny. Danny’s charger. I have some paper. Post it flags for when I need to tag a quote from the book I’m reading.
5. Do you smell your books?
Yes! Unless I buy them used lol
6. Books with or without little illustrations.
I can go both ways! I hardly have any books with illustrations but it wouldn’t be available
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Twilight! I loved them when I first read the series — it was also when I just started reading again so I didn’t have many books to compare it to. Then I saw the movie. Then I read the book again and I thought, “What was I thinking?!”
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Yes! Okay. It’s funny now. It wasn’t back then. Anyway, I was in grade school (can’t remember what grade) and we were reading The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster in class. We had assigned seating back then and I sat next to this guy, JC (not his real name). He was a pretty close friend. I mean we sat next to each other the entire year. You get to know a guy. So one day, I grabbed his copy of the book and flipped through it. He realized too late that I had his copy but I had already seen the page where he drew a heart and it read JC loves Anjeline. I quietly gave his book back and we never talked about it haha.
9. What is the tinniest book on your shelf?
It’s called Forever in Love by June Cotner. It’s really great. It’s a compilation of love poems through the stages love (meeting, talking, dating, getting married, and so on). Check it out!
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
That honor goes to A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I write a little bit. I wrote a lot more before, writing short stories but never an entire book. I would love to be an author in the future. I actually have an idea for a science fiction book that involves nutrition but I have to do a lot of research before I can continue
12. When did you get into reading?
I didn’t read as much when I was younger. I started to get into reading (like really into it) when I was a junior in high school. Before then, I’d just read Nicholas Sparks and Jodi Picoult mostly.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
That’s tough! I’ll say To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee since it was the first one in mind
14. In school, was your best subject Language Arts/English?
I was really good at Language Arts/English but it wasn’t my best. I was more of a math person — I mean I was doing calculus in 10th grade lol. I always thought math was fun. I can hear you now, yelling nerd…
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
Depending on who gave it I’d still keep it. Just for sentimental value. If not, I’ll sell it or give it to someone else who might like it
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas because of magic and tyrant and darkness. It’s getting quite popular though, which I’m glad because it deserves it.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
Ummm, when I get writer’s block, I won’t post for days.
18. What is your favorite word?
I don’t think I have a favorite word but I use a few a lot: definitely, absolutely, and literally. Oh and in person, I say okay a lot. Through text, I say mhmm a lot.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Nerd. Nerd. Nerd. Nerd. Nerd. Geek too, if it was an option
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
I would say vampires but then I read Sarah J Maas’s books and so I’m swaying more towards fairies. But I guess it all depends on the writing because I read a book on fairies before and I didn’t like it at all.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels because Patch and Will and Christian. Also because I haven’t read books on shapeshifters. I saw them on Supernatural. Kind of freaky.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves because Sam Roth from The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater.
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
I guess vampires *waves to Adrian Ivashkov*. But that’s also because I haven’t read a book on zombies either. I have seen The Walking Dead. So if it was based on TWD, then I guess I’d pick zombies *waves to Daryl Dixon*.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
I’d pick love triangles but only well-written ones. For me, forbidden love greatly depends on what kind of forbidden. For example, Romeo & Juliet (overdone) kind of forbidden is okay. Incest kind of forbidden will never be okay for me *I think I just threw up a little*
25. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action-packed with few love scenes for sure!! It’s a little of both!
Wow! That was a really long tag. Is that why it’s called Ultimate? I just tagged you if you read this and haven’t done it! Sorry again for the laziness. It’s one in the morning here.