Top Ten Tuesday is a meme brought to us by the wonderful bloggers from The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is the Top Ten Characters You’d Like To Check In With. This mean that the book or series is already over and you want to check in their life like what happened to them after the story ends. This is such a fun topic because I think about it all the time. This is tricky, though, because answers might be spoilery! I also kind of cheated because I put more than one person (usually ships) — so technically, technically, there’s more than 10. But I can’t have one without the other, so ….
Top Ten Characters I’d Like to Check In With
1. Will Herondale & Tessa Gray from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare: One of my all-time favorite trilogies, characters, and ships! Okay, okay. I know that we learn about their married life in the epilogue. I can’t even think about the epilogue without breaking down — trust me, I’m not even exaggerating. Anyone else find the epilogue to be brutal?! Anyway, I want to know more of their adventures and their children. How were they as parents? How did they deal with her immortality? So many questions. Not enough details. Good thing we had The Midnight Heir and we’re going to have a series that revolves around their children.
2. Daemon Black & Katy Swartz from The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout: If you’ve followed my blog long enough, you’d know how much I love this series. It was so hard letting go of these characters. We’re getting Oblivion in Daemon’s point of view but I don’t know if it takes place after Opposition. We’re left with their upcoming wedding but we don’t get to read the actual ceremony. How was Daemon when he saw her walk down the aisle? Did Dee go crazy with wedding planning? I need to know more of their married life. How was their college experience? I also want to know what’s going on with Dee & Archer!
3. King Maxon Schreave & Queen America Singer-Schreave from The Selection Series by Kiera Cass: Well, this one was a cheat because we’re getting updates on them from Cass’ new book: The Heir. But I just really love them and I am so excited to read more about their marriage and what differences they’ve made in Illea!
4. Nikolai Lantsov from The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo: The ending of this trilogy was a letdown for me and I wish there was more for Nikolai Lantsov, with everything that happened to him in Ruin and Rising. I want to know if he found a queen, one that he actually loves and not just for alliance. I want to know how he’s handled being King — even though I know he’s a flawless King. I also want to know how he’s coping with merzost.
5. Percy Jackson & Annabeth Chase from Percy Jackson and the Olympians and Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan: While the ending of PJO was definitely satisfying, the HOO ending left me with a bitter taste — I try to forget it actually because I loved both the series so much and HOO was just not good enough. We got so little of Percabeth in Blood of Olympus and I felt like they were written off to take the backseat in the last book. These characters that we fell in love with were barely in the last battle — let me stop talking before I start ranting. I want to know about their life now, if they’re coping with their PTSD from Tartarus. Everything!
6. Alex Sheathes & Lena Haloway from The Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver: Oh boy, did Requiem cause a controversy within the fandom. Julian or Alex? Julian of Alex? I personally loved Requiem and the ending, while open-ended, was a believable ending. I really wish that Alex wasn’t painted as such a jerk — somehow people ignore his reasons why but this isn’t about that. The trilogy ends with the implication of Lena going back to Alex (*jumping up and down*) and I’d love to see how they reconstructed their relationship. I’d also like to see how the Delirium world is now after they “broke down the walls”.
7. Christian Prescott from The Unearthly Trilogy by Cynthia Hand: Here’s another character that I felt didn’t get the ending he deserved. I was very angry about it. Everyone had their life together, had loved ones, had children, and Christian had nothing. I’d like to see how he’s doing. Hopefully with a beautiful girl that he’s madly in love with and she loves him back!
8. Patch/Jev Cipriano & Nora Grey from The Hush, Hush Series by Becca Fitzpatrick: This is such a throwback! This was one of the first Nephilim-related books that I’ve read! Finale was such a great ending and we get to see Patch and Nora happily together. Did they ever get married? Did they have kids? So many things I need to know!
9. Peeta Mellark & Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins: I know we get an update on their lives on that epilogue but I don’t want glimpses. I want really stories. I want details. I want their wedding. I want to know how they put themselves back together. I want to know how they coped with everything that they went through.
10. Samuel K Roth & Grace Brisbane from The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater: I loved the ending of Forever. It promised new beginnings and endless possibilities but I need to know the specifics of these possibilities. Did Grace go to college? Did they get married (Sam totally indicated that one day he’ll be proposing)? I need to know this stuff!
What are your all time favorite books and why? Hit me up on the comments section! I look forward to seeing your faves!