Top Ten Tuesday is a meme brought to us by the wonderful bloggers from The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Favorite Heroines From Books. There were options to do heroines from movies or TV shows or a certain genre since this was done before but I didn’t have a blog then. So this topic is all new to me!
Top Ten Favorite Heroines From Books (no particular order because that’s just too hard!)
1. Celaena Sardothien (Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas): two words — female assassin! She can kill you with just one look — not really but close enough! She’s assassin with a soft, caring heart
2. Theresa (Tessa) Grey (The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare): very loving, caring, selfless, willing to sacrifice her life for family and friends
3. Katy Swartz (The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout): refuses to sit in the sidelines, will fight to protect those she loves, forgiving, and she’s a fighter
4. Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins): volunteers for her sister and fights for the rebellion, plus she has killer aim with her bow and arrow
5. Hermione Granger (The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling): genius, trusting, courageous, and has a fiery spirit!
6. America Singer (The Selection Series by Kiera Cass): selfless, fights for what is right despite consequences, and has a big heart
7. Nehemia Ytger (Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas): she would die for her country and her people, continually fighting for their rights
8. Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson & the Olympians by Rick Riordan): one of the best demigods ever! She helped saved the world against Kronos! Plus she’s an absolute genius and strategist.
9. Sydney Sage (Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead): she’ll surprise you! She’s smart and she turn anything to a weapon. She’s also a witch and fights against the evils of the world .. even if her family falls under that evil!
10. Penryn Young (Penryn & the End of Days Trilogy by Susan Ee): beyond selfless, going through great lengths to save and get her sister back, and fights for the freedom of a certain angel!
Who are some of your heroines and why?! Let me know in the comments below!